Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fantasy Fudge

There's one more Christmas recipe I wanted to include in my blog because I always make it for my neighbors and friends at Christmastime. It is the fantasy fudge recipe you find on the back of the marshmallow creme jar. It's my favorite chocolate fudge. I peeled off the label with the recipe so I would have it, but I'm always losing it. Now it will be on my blog and I can always find it. Isn't that smart?

Fantasy Fudge

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup)
1 1/2 package (12 squares) semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Line a 9 inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over the sides of pan; set aside.

Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a large heavy saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. (I do use a candy thermometer for this.) Remove from heat.

Add chocolate and marshmallow creme, stir until completely melted. Add vanilla (and nuts if you choose) and mix well.

Pour immediately into prepared pan and spread to form an even layer. Let stand at room temperature for about 4 hours or until completely cooled. Cut into 1 inch squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment